Navigator? Team player? Adventurer? All nighter? Even if you’re a 1 time yes, three times no, the Adventure Race Amsterdam is still for you
- In teams of 4, you’ll do different assignments and challenges. Navigation, compassing, mountainbiking, stuff like that.
- The Adventure Race Amsterdam (ARA) is a 14 hour race. If you want to sleep, don’t join.
- Everyone can join: as long as you have a team of 4 (and don’t want to sleep).
- ARA is organized by ASAC and USC.
- Check last year’s photos to see what you’re up against!
When is ARA?
ARA starts on Friday 4 May at sunset. You’ll finish around 14 hours later.
What do you need?
- A mountainbike. You can rent one for €21,- via USC. Rent includes a helmet.
- Check the full list of equipment so you are prepared for ARA 2018.
What does it cost?
Joining ARA costs €120,- per team (including lunch and ARA-shirt in your size: woohoo!).
what are you getting into?
There are various rounds (mountainbiking, running, canoeing) that you have to finish within the time limit. In each round, you’ll have to find as many checkpoints as you can. You can find those checkpoints through coordinates. Smart navigation is more important than speed, as the checkpoints are hidden. In between the rounds you’ll have to perform Special Tasks (e.g. archery or robe climbing). Adventure racing is all about fair play, so… no phones, gps, or navigation tools are allowed. Joining a 14 hour race makes you a winner instantly, but the real winners will be awarded with amazing prizes!
If anyone is interested in joining a team, register below!